Well, here I am at a crossroads. While on one hand I want to start podcasting, on the other I would like for my efforts to have some semblance of quality… I think that I achieve a podcast here. I apologize in advance for the audio quality as I am providing this caveat: I recorded this podcast on the voice recorder built into my MotoQ Global while driving home from my Grad class on Staff Development and Supervision…
SOoooo… you know how you learn things by doing? That is what happened. here. I hope that you find my stream of consciousness appealing: (17min – 4mb)
- Idea of apathy and involvement
- Crushing feeling of being overwhelmed by classroom, parent, and community initiatives /
- Teacher Professional Development – Lack of personal initiative
- It there a linkage between student apathy for learning and lack of teacher intrinsic value in personal life long learning?
- Is there a linkage to the need to provide a "reward basis" for student learning with the need to provide a "reward" for educator professional learning?
- When will we move beyond the excuse of "lack of time"?
- Darren Draper & Robin Ellis
- Steven Covey – The 8th Habit
- Dean Shareski
- "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" – Richard Carlson
What I learned
- Hold the phone like speaking on a phone to greatly improve quality.
- Have quick sheet for focus of thought
- Think of linkages to other topics / best practices / leadership
- Possibly speak more slowly?
from tag staffdevelopment
from tag professionaldevelopment
- Raise Your Hands (Techlearning blog)
- Ustream.tv – OpenPD
- PD 2.0: It's All about Building Community (Techlearning blog)
from tag learning
- Bloom’s Taxonomy and the Digital World — Open Education
- CASTLE – Home
- eSchool News – SIIA: Get K-20 vision in focus
- The Blog Police Hits the Blogosphere
- eSchool News – Experts: Ed tech must change its message